Will it work with Windows 10 running in VirtualBox

Welcome to the Cursor Node forums. These forums are run by the developers behind the Cursor Node program. Please feel free to join the discussions, or ask questions if you need help. We hope you will have a pleasant stay.
AliSlayerOfFoes

Will it work with Windows 10 running in VirtualBox

Post by AliSlayerOfFoes » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:42 pm

So, I bought a subscription and it works perfectly on my windows 10 computer.
The new issue I have is that I've moved to linux, and cursornode is Windows only.
I was thinking about using my SSD with Windows on it and running it under vbox virtualization software.
Is there any reason why it wouldn't work?

For backstory, I will only being using windows for 1 work related software and oddly more importantly a game I play via cloud gaming which shocking works perfectly with CursorNode even tho isn't local but played on their servers. My linux custom cursors do not have the persistence to work when the cloud game server takes me into their environment, but CursorNode with its magic does, hence why I need to run Windows in vbox.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will it work with Windows 10 running in VirtualBox

Post by Admin » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:08 pm

Various parts of CursorNode are timing sensitive. Virtual machines usually don't have the performance to meet the timing requirement. Therefore, CursorNode may not work completely or partially in VM's. Also, the licensing mechanism isn't compatible with VMs. Although, it's been a long while since we last looked at VMs. You can certainly give it a try with your existing/expired license and see how CursorNode responds. If it produces a non-typical error, then that CursorNode installation cannot be licensed.

AliSlayerOfFoes

Re: Will it work with Windows 10 running in VirtualBox

Post by AliSlayerOfFoes » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:12 pm

Thanks
I will give it a go.