World of Warcraft Cursor Centers on Screen

Welcome to the Cursor Node forums. These forums are run by the developers behind the Cursor Node program. Please feel free to join the discussions, or ask questions if you need help. We hope you will have a pleasant stay.
Papiyaman

World of Warcraft Cursor Centers on Screen

Post by Papiyaman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:18 pm

Dear Cursornode Support,
Hey I am trying the product because the website says it works good for World of Warcraft. I wanted a bigger Cursor size however I am experiencing an issue when using the Cursornode in game. What happens is when I right click, left click or scroll click in game in World of Warcraft it puts the cursor in the center of the screen. I am really enjoying the giant cursor I get to use however it keeps on forcing the cursor to center on the middle of the screen. I tried looking for options to possibly disable this action in the Cursornode settings. In game as I have stated every time I click any where on the screen it centers it in the middle of the screen. Clicking on the in game UI such as character portrait and the radar on the screen does not cause the pointer to go to the center of the screen however clicking anywhere for the free camera turning causes the pointer to go to the middle of the screen. Using the in game map and the log in screen does not cause the cursor to go to the center of the screen. Only the camera turning around the character and when clicking on stuff in the camera view range such as npc's causes the cursor to go to the center of the screen. Please if there is anything to solve this issue, the product seems very useful as far as I can see. Thank you very much.

Sincerely - Papiyaman

Admin
Site Admin

Re: World of Warcraft Cursor Centers on Screen

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:48 pm

Hello Papiyaman,

During camera pan, the cursor should have been made invisible by WOW. Therefore, the cursor being moved to the center of the screen by the game itself shouldn’t be a problem. Cursor Node doesn’t move the cursor, unless you are using a highlighter cursor and defining a snap-to spot which would cause the highlighter to snap to the required position.

Please make sure you have the following option unchecked:

Cursor Node -> Visibility Tab -> Disallow mouse pointer disappearing

This option disallows the game to hide the cursor during camera-pan and therefore can cause the problem you described.

Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

Peter

Papiyaman

Post by Papiyaman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:41 pm

Thank you for the input. I have tried changing that option and have still noticed that it sends the cursor to the center of the screen. It sends it to the spot it is supposed to be right after I unclick the camera view however that it sends it to the middle of the screen is not how I want it. I apologize for contacting support and making this thread, what happened was my email system told me the email to support didn't work so after another try I decided to make this thread just incase email would not be an option. Thank you for all the help. If I can get this little issue out of the way having a giant cursor while gaming will improve a lot! Thank you very much!

- Papiyaman

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:56 pm

Cursor Node does not move the cursor, the game does. Normally, when you pan the camera, the game hides the cursor. Therefore the cursor moving to the center is not perceivable. If you don't have Cursor Node running, is your in-game cursor visible during camera pan ?

If you are using a highlighter cursor with the game, then you need to tick the following option:

Cursor Node -> Visibility Tab -> Highlighter cursor follows mouse pointer visibility

Setting this option ensures the highlighter becoming invisible when the in-game cursor becomes invisible.

Papiyaman

Post by Papiyaman » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:05 am

Thank you for a quick reply. So in game without Cursornode I do not have the cursor visible in game. I tried the option of Highlighter cursor follows mouse pointer visibility and it causes the Cursornode cursor not to show up in game. Thank you for all the help! I am not sure what is causing this. With using the option yes I do have highlitghter activated on the cursor just to separate any confusion. Also adding the visibility option of highlighter cursor follows mouse pointer visibility causes the cursor to not even change when in game. It uses the default game cursor. Thank you for the help again.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:11 am

Ok, the highlighter does not follow the in-game mouse pointer visibility by default. This is what caused the confusion.

If you get any more issues, please let me know.

Papiyaman

Post by Papiyaman » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:46 am

Thank you, however when I use the visibility option to follow the highlighter with the cursor highlighter option in the cursor tab what happens is the Cursornode cursor will not even show up in game. I get the default game cursor in game when I use the highlighter from cursor menu with the highlighter cursor follow mouse pointer visibility option. So what is happening is, highlighter cursor option from the cursor menu works in game however when using highlighter from cursor menu with the visibility option for highlighter cursor to follow mouse pointer visibility the cursor does not show up in game. So now using the highlighter from cursor menu the cursor shows up in game however I am experiencing the issue of the cursor being forced to the middle of the screen with game camera view. If I use no highlighter cursor and the visibility option of "Disallow mouse pointer disappearing" the cursor shows up in game however it still makes mouse cursor forced to center with the camera view.

So this is what I am experiencing.
- Cursor tab highlighter selected
- Visibility tab Disallow mouse pointer disappearing selected

Result:
Cursor: shows up
Cursor positioning: Forced to middle (When clicking with camera view[Returns to correct position after releasing camera click])

- Cursor tab highlighter selected
-Visibility tab Disallow mouse pointer disappearing unselected
-Highlighter cursor follows mouse pointer visibility selected

Result:
Cursor: Default in game Cursor shows up
Cursor positioning: The in game default cursor does not force the position of cursor to middle

- Cursor tab highlighter unselected
-Visibility Disallow mouse pointer disappearing selected

Result:
Cursor: shows up
Cursor Positioning: Cursor is forced to middle (While clicking camera[Returns to correct position after releasing camera click])

- Cursor tab highlight unselected
- Visibility Highlighter cursor follows mouse pointer visibility

Result:
Cursor: Shows up
Cursor Positioning: Cursor is forced to middle (While clicking camera[Returns to correct position after releasing camera click])

Now with both Disallow mouse pointer disappearing and Highlighter cursor follows mouse pointer visibility selected with Highlighter cursor from cursor tab
Result:
Cursor: Shows up
Cursor Positioning: Cursor is forced to middle (while clicking camera[Returns to correct position after releasing camera click])

Maybe this info will help to get this issue at hand. Thank you very much!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:37 am

Please be aware that Cursor Node is not designed specifically for WOW. It is designed to work with as many games out there as possible. Therefore some of the things that look like faults are not. They are like that to allow other games to work. Different games will require slightly different settings.

For WOW in exclusive full-screen mode:

1. Highlighter is not compatible. So please don't use a highlighter
2. There may be restriction on maximum cursor size. Start with small cursor and size up until it stops showing to work out max size possible for your system
3. Always uncheck "Disallow mouse pointer disappearing"

For WOW in windowed or windowed full-screen mode

1. Highlighter works. When using highlighter, always check "Highlighter follows mouse pointer visibility"
2. All non-highlighter cursor sizes work
3. Always uncheck "Disallow mouse pointer disappearing"