Cursor in Software mode with Cursor Node??

Welcome to the Cursor Node forums. These forums are run by the developers behind the Cursor Node program. Please feel free to join the discussions, or ask questions if you need help. We hope you will have a pleasant stay.
The_Nephilim

Re: Cursor in Software mode with Cursor Node??

Post by The_Nephilim » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:02 pm

I am now having issues with Cursor Node and LOTRO not starting in any mode.. I mostly play in Fullscreen and when Cursor node is running I am getting a CTD..

Now the launcher works and I can sign in but after I hit start the game starts to load and I get a CTD, I turn Off Cursor node and the game starts right up..

I was wondering if there is a log or debug mode I can try to get you some more info on this CTD so it can get fixed..

Thank You
The_Nephilim

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:37 pm

If you supply "764f22d5d02a28ca" as a command line parameter to CursorNode.exe through the program shortcut, it will create a "Cursor Node" directory on your desktop that will contain some logs showing potential crashing errors. The logs will containing no meaningful information for end-users. So please send them in using the support address.

I had test installed LOTRO and had no problems using CN with it in any mode. I was using DX11 in 2D. The highlighter cursor didn't work in exclusive full screen, which was quite normal. I didn't try other DX versions nor ran the game for long. It was just a quick test and everything looked as expected.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Another possibility you can look at is if you are using an antivirus, you might want to check if anything has been quarantined/blocked/deleted by it. Sometimes AV's will do things without warning you about them.

The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:44 am

Well I put in a few variations of the command line and when LOTRO CTD'd I did not get a log.. maybe I put it in the wrong spot??

\CursorNode.exe" -"764f22d5d02a28ca"

CursorNode.exe" -764f22d5d02a28ca

CursorNode.exe" 764f22d5d02a28ca

thisis at the end of the Target line inn the Shortcut??

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:52 am

Here's my shortcut:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cursor Node\CursorNode.exe" 764f22d5d02a28ca

The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:40 am

Yes Thank you I tried it like that and it worked thank you again.. I sent the logs to Support.. Hopefully it will reveal an issue that can be corrected..

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Thanks for sending in the trace files.

Unfortunately there's no indication of a crash or anything unusual in them. The trace indicates a normal running cycle with a normal shut down.

The log directory contains logs for all previous runs. So it's not always easy to pick out the right ones. It's usually a good idea to manually clear out the directory before a debugging run to avoid potential complications.

The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:18 am

Well I cleared out the old logs and will do another run and send those if there is anything in there.. But it it LOTRO that gets a CTD and when I don't run CN the game starts fine..

I could also check the windows logs next time and see what they say.. It could just be a conflict, It is weird because sometimes the game runs and sometimes it does not so it is a hit or miss..

thnx for the Help..

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:14 pm

I can confirm the test installation of LOTRO we have runs normally with CN and has no issues on starting up. But we don't have any other add-on's installed and just run it in 2D mode.

The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:24 pm

OK thank you for testing.. I have a VERY Niche' System so it could be any combo of Software I hhave running.. Like I said it is hit and miss but LOTRO eventually starts up..