Cursor in Software mode with Cursor Node??

Welcome to the Cursor Node forums. These forums are run by the developers behind the Cursor Node program. Please feel free to join the discussions, or ask questions if you need help. We hope you will have a pleasant stay.
The_Nephilim

Cursor in Software mode with Cursor Node??

Post by The_Nephilim » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:50 am

I was wondering if this program can replace a hardware game cursor with a Software based one?? I am looking to use a Software based cursor in LOTRO??

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cursor in Software mode with Cursor Node??

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:16 am

Cursor Node offers a variety of options. The easiest thing to do is to download, run it, and see if it does what you want.

Using CN with LOTRO, you can:

1. Replace all hardware cursors with a single hardware cusror
2. Replace each hardware cursor with a different custom hardware cursor, through use of a cursor set
3. Use a single highlighter for all hardware cursors in the game
4. Use a highlighter with an invisible dot. The invisible dot will make the game's hardware cursor disappear leaving just the highlighter

The highlighter cursor will work with the game running in windowed or windowed-full-screen mode only.

Peter

The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:30 am

Well If it ONLY works in Window and Borderless this is no good I need to have the game run in Full Screen mode for 3D vision..

Thank you tho maybe you can get it working in Fullscreen one day..

The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:51 am

Hi,

What I am trying to do is get a Mouse cursur in LOTRO to work with 3D vision.. right now it is using a hardware based cursor and it is not in S3D it is 2D while the game is in S3D While using 3D Vision..

This makes it hard to click and point items in the UI as it is off a bit because oif the difference from 2D to 3D.. I hope that makes sence..

I did just try the program while it did make the mouse into a Windows mouse it is still in 2D. I need to change the hardware mosue so it goes into 3D like the rest of the game is while using 3D Vision..

Seems like a Cool Program you should tell people about it in the LOTRO Forums I am sure someone could use this handy program..

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:57 am

Quite possibly CN already will work in full screen mode. At least that was the case when we tested LOTRO quite a while back. Although the game may be different now. Easiest just to run CN and see for yourself.

On the whole software/highlighter cursors are incompatible with the full screen mode. The only possible open option is to approach the game developers directly for a potential solution. Third parties will have no way to alter the screen content of the full screen mode without altering the game files. We don't do that.

Peter

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:06 am

The_Nephilim wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:51 am
This makes it hard to click and point items in the UI as it is off a bit because oif the difference from 2D to 3D.. I hope that makes sence..
I have no experience of running LOTRO in 3D. If the cursor is off the hotspot, you can define a user-custom cursor and set an appropriate hotspot to compensate. As for 3D, there's no limit on what kind of image you can use with cursor node, you can draw a 3D looking one if you so wish. Of course I am just speculating that as a solution.

Peter

The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:07 am

Well when I say a 3D Mouse cursor I menai n S3D with nVidias 3D vision system.. the mouse is a Hardware mouse and cannot be turned into 3D..

I was hoping this program substituted the Hardware cursor with a Software based one in Full screen as to let the S3D effect kick in.. I am not just talking about making the cursor look 3D it is with nVidias 3D vision it really is 3D..

I don't think this will work unless I can get LOTRO Developers to make a software based cursor ingame.. I will experiment with the positioning system that may help a bit..

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:30 am

If the image of a 3d cursor doesn't change depending on its location on the screen, then supplying a static stereoscopic cursor image (with those blurry red and cyan shadows) to cursor node should give you a 3d cursor. To test, just grab any stereoscopic image (doesn't have to be a cursor) by searching "3d red and cyan" from google images and crop and drop it into CN will allow you to see if it comes out 3d.

You can drag and drop any .png image of upto 288x288 pixels into User Custom Cursors and test it as a cursor.

The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Well I tried inputting a anaglyph image in as the mouse cursor it did not make it 3D.. I am also trying to use the Highlighted mouse but when I try and put Lord of the Rings Online in Windows mode the game with get a CTD??

I am going to try a few other things but would using the Highlighting mode in CN make a game CTD Possibly??

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:06 pm

From our testing long ago, the highlighter cursor also worked in full-screen mode of LOTRO. I don't know if things have changed now. Best thing to do is to try and see.

As for crashing the game in windowed mode, I am not convinced CN is responsible. Does the game crash if you switch to windowed mode without starting CN ?